Yep, I'm turning this into a series, hehe. Just to give you guys my thoughts on the game. Pretty sure no one's really paying attention to these, but who knows? If I post enough of them they might get a little attention
So! I got to play the game for a good 7+ hours today. So let's start with the negative and then go to the positive. The negative is mostly just more graphical errors.
- People hovering (walking/standing a bit above the ground instead of on it)
- Iron Bull's arm clipping into his body and getting stuck there
- fighting/training soldiers being far too loud and making conversations with NPCs near them difficult to hear
- motion data for models of different sizes being shared and causing severe clipping (i.e motion/pose data made for a human Inquisitor being used for a smaller elf Inquisitor means arms clip through a table instead of resting on the table)
- dead bodies floating a good bit above the ground instead of on it
- nugs running underwater
- Companions and NPCs suddenly teleporting or sliding very quickly across the screen
- textures/objects not loading in until you're right in front of them
So yeah. All that shit. But again keep in mind that I'm playing on the 360 version so I'm not sure if all these problems exist on other consoles.
Now, the good! Companions. While I don't really care for the new dialogue system, being able to move the camera all about and such while they're talking instead of being able to look at their face like in DA: Origins or have little cutscenes like in DA:II, the conversations themselves are fun. And the characters are interesting. A lot of people complained about Vivienne but I actually quite like her. I think I like everyone but Solas at this point. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. But, that's just me.
I actually did some main story today instead of just sidequests like I did before, which is why I was kind of bored with the game at the time
One thing that worries me with this game is that the Inquisitor is going to die in the end. I really, REALLY don't want that to happen. It's alright if that's just one ending, but if it's one of those things where it HAS to happen... not cool
Also I've got some nice headcanon going for Cullen, hehe. I've decided to romance him and I started looking into some stuff for him that I completely forgot about/overlooked from last games... yep. I've got some nice stuff going in my head
But, that is for another time.
Still unhappy with the fact that Xbox360/PS3 players can't have scars. But, whatever. I shall live. More thoughts on the game in a day or two!